I am not a big new year’s resolution person. Instead I choose topics to think about, work towards, or meditate on, but this year I do have some measurable goals for my sewing practice.
- Hand quilt something. Maybe something very small- a mug rug, a pin cushion. But hand quilt something.
- Quilt my Portland quilt. (uh, apparently I never even posted about that…but )
- Quilt my Botanics offset cross quilt.
- Take a long-arm certification class at Prairie Quilt to see if I like long-arm quilting.
- Learn how to use rivets in bag making.
- Make a sewing machine cubby.
- Show work in a quilt show. This is cheating because I know I’m showing something on the second weekend of January. I’m terrified; more about that later.
- Get more involved in my local quilt guild. Also cheating, because I was just elected to the board of my local quilt guild, haha.
I have some other goals that I want to define more and that are more personal to me. There are some items I want to design myself, which I’m sure will take some painful trial and error, but such is learning and growing.
2015 has been a blast. Can’t wait for 2016!